First, I will get my rant out of the way. Cubs fans are the rudest fans I have ever encountered! There is an unwritten rule of etiquette when you are attending a professional sporting event: you don't get out of or return to your seat until there is a stoppage in play. Cubs fans have either never heard of this, or they just plain don't give a shit. I have attended NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB games in six different cities, and I have never experienced anything like this. Not only do they meander around in the stands while the ball is in play, but they will also just stand right in front of you, chit chatting away. Two women even stood directly in front of me, while there was a batter at the plate, and played rock, paper, scissors to determine who was going to sit in the aisle seat! I can tell you that you would never get away with that at Coors Field because there is an usher at the end of every aisle who will make you wait to return to your seat until there is a stoppage in play.
Now, the good part...it's freakin' Wrigley Field, people! I can't tell you how long I've waited to see a game at Wrigley, and I was finally there!

We had a beer on a rooftop bar before the game.

A little more love for Ryne Sandberg:

And finally, I'm there! Seriously, could I be any more happy in this picture?

Legendary Cub
Ron Santo was presented with a banner signed by all of the current Cubs and then he threw out the first pitch.

I LOVE summer nights at the ballpark, and even though it wasn't a perfect night, I still left with a big smile on my face!

Date Completed: June 28, 2010
Tasks Completed: 28/101
Glad you had a good time and you look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteYou look so happy!! I'm glad you had fun :)
ReplyDelete