Friday, March 25, 2011

101/1,001 List Update

I've accomplished a few things on the 101/1,001 List in the last couple of months, but don't have pictures, so I'll just lump them together in one post.

#42 Do a Pub Crawl; Date Completed: 12/04/10; Tasks Completed: 35/101. See pictures below.

#77 Make Wedding Soup for Christmas Dinner; Date Completed: 12/25/10; Tasks Completed: 36/101. This is a holiday tradition in my family, but for some reason, Tricia and I had not attempted it since I moved to Denver. I have to say, it was delicious and I think we would have made my grandmother proud.

#33 Buy Flowers for Myself Every Year on My Birthday; Date Completed: 01/12/11; Tasks Completed: 37/101. Hey, nobody else is going to do it for me, so I may as well do it for myself.

#1 Take a Photography Class; Date Completed: 02/15/11; Tasks Completed: 38/101. The class wasn't as informative as I was hoping...kind of disappointing.

#88 Consult with a Financial Planner; Date Completed: 02/16/11; Tasks Completed: 39/101. After my 40th birthday, I realized, "holy crap, I really need to do something about this retirement thing." I have a 401(k) and a couple of IRAs, but wanted to have a more definite and aggressive plan. I met with a financial planner who has put a great long-term strategy into place for me and I feel much more confident with my financial future. Plus, he's really hot, so I don't mind meeting with him often. ;-)

#93 Buy New Bedroom Furniture; Date Completed: 02/21/11; Tasks Completed: 40/101. I'm completely in love with my new furniture, especially the bed. For some reason that I have not yet figured out, I'm not able to download pictures from my camera, so you'll have to wait for them.

#54 Take a Pole Dancing Class with Girlfriends; Date Completed: 03/23/11; Tasks Completed: 41/101. Thankfully, there are no pictures to document this fiasco. Let me tell you, spinning on a pole is a lot harder than it looks. Not only did it require more upper-body strength than I have, but I was also afraid of falling, which led to me having a death-grip on the pole the whole time. We did have a lot of laughs, though, so it was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment