Friday, July 31, 2009

Chico has been Adopted!!

For the last 8 months, I have been sponsoring this adorable guy at Best Friends Animal Society in Utah. His name is Chico Rodriguez and he's a 3-year-old German Shepherd who is almost deaf but knows sign language commands. I received some amazing news today...Chico has been adopted! A woman from Arizona gave Chico his forever home and, according to the e-mail, he's in love with his new family and is the king of the house. I am so happy for him!

Best Friends is an amazing place. It is the home for around 2,000 animals that have come from shelters and rescue groups. A lot of the animals have physical or behavioral issues, but some just need a little TLC before they can go to a forever home. If you're looking for an animal charity to contribute to, I highly recommend Best Friends.

4 comments:

  1. Rhonda,

    As you already know, I have been to Best Friends and it is one of the most special places I have visited. I was afraid I would have a hard time leaving all the animals behind when it was time to go, but trust me, they live in the lap of luxury! Dog Town - a gated community, houses hundreds of dogs who have their indoor space and a HUGE dog run. Benson's house is specifically for special-needs cats, my soft-spot!

    I plan to visit next year to volunteer for a few days and will get you some pictures of the entire place. I may come back with a few new family members.....then again, my house is kind of full right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot! He's so cute. Can't believe it took so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get to name him? Cause if you did, you gave him a good, somewhat manly name.

    ReplyDelete