I bought some tri-color Southwestern orzo at the farmer's market a few weeks ago, and the pasta company has recipes on their website for all of their flavored pastas. So, I tried the Mexican Orzo Skillet. I made a few changes, though. First, I used Boca Crumbles instead of ground meat because I wanted to make it a veggie dish. Since the Crumbles don't render any fat, I used a bit of olive oil in the pan to help cook the onions. Second, I used black beans instead of pinto because I love black beans. Here's the finished product:
Thursday, October 8, 2009
#76 In Progress (08/33)
Number 76 on my 101/1,001 List is to try a new recipe every month. I'm a little behind on this one as this is only my 8th new recipe, but I'm trying to catch up. Frome here on out, I will be sharing the recipes.
I bought some tri-color Southwestern orzo at the farmer's market a few weeks ago, and the pasta company has recipes on their website for all of their flavored pastas. So, I tried the Mexican Orzo Skillet. I made a few changes, though. First, I used Boca Crumbles instead of ground meat because I wanted to make it a veggie dish. Since the Crumbles don't render any fat, I used a bit of olive oil in the pan to help cook the onions. Second, I used black beans instead of pinto because I love black beans. Here's the finished product:
I was pretty happy with it (7 out of 10 stars). It had a little spice (I used medium heat enchilada sauce) and a little salty kick from the olives. I would make it again.
I bought some tri-color Southwestern orzo at the farmer's market a few weeks ago, and the pasta company has recipes on their website for all of their flavored pastas. So, I tried the Mexican Orzo Skillet. I made a few changes, though. First, I used Boca Crumbles instead of ground meat because I wanted to make it a veggie dish. Since the Crumbles don't render any fat, I used a bit of olive oil in the pan to help cook the onions. Second, I used black beans instead of pinto because I love black beans. Here's the finished product:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would eat that with a few modifications. No olives and no beans. :) Glad you liked it though!
ReplyDeleteonly ONCE a month? tisk tisk....
ReplyDelete