Monday, November 23, 2009

#48 See a Film at the Denver Film Festival

I love movies, yet I had never attended the annual Starz Denver Film Festival. I decided to see "Hick Town," a behind-the-scenes documentary about Denver Mayor John Hickenklooper in the days leading up to and during the 2008 Democratic National Convention. The film's director is the Mayor's cousin, George Hickenlooper.

It was a fascinating look at what goes on in the Mayor's Office on a day-to-day basis, as well as the pressure of bringing a national event to Denver. After the screening, we were treated to a Q&A session with the filmmaker and the Mayor. Very cool! Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture of this because of the dim lighting in the theater.

Attending the film festival was a lot of fun and I will definitely go again. In fact, I'm thinking about volunteering at the festival next year.



Date Completed: November 21, 2009
Tasks Completed: 15/101

No comments:

Post a Comment