Friday, March 12, 2010

10 Things I'm Loving Right Now

In an effort to focus on the positive, I think it's time for another round of 10 Things I'm Loving Right Now:

1. Groupon. If you haven't discovered this wonderful website yet, now's your chance. After you sign up, they send you a different great deal every day for businesses in your city. I just got two pedicures for $30 and a full-service oil change for $17. Love it!

2. My friend Michael. Even though he lives a few states away, I don't know what I would do without him. He's incredibly supportive and always knows exactly what to say to make me feel better. He's also the funniest man I know. Anytime I hang up the phone from talking with him, I feel 100 times better than I did at the beginning of the call.

3. Core Power Yoga. I love going to yoga class every Thursday night. As soon as I step onto my yoga mat, the stress of the day starts to melt away. It's a full body workout and I always feel like a new person when class is over.

4. Pink Lady Apples. In an effort to eat more healthfully, I'm eating at least one piece of fresh fruit a day. I've tried a bunch of different types of apples, and these are the best. I actually look forward to apple time every day!

5. My friend Amanda. Another person who I don't know what I would do without. She is the funniest woman I know and is constantly cracking me up. There are times when the only thing getting me through the day is the fact that she is sitting a mere 10 feet away throwing out one hilarious one-liner after another.

6. My flat-screen HD TV. Yes, I know I'm like the last person in America to get one, but now that I have it, I'm in love with it.

7. Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream. I am hoping that this, along with good genes, will keep me from ever looking my age. I do not intend to grow old gracefully!

8. Figure Skater Johnny Weir. My interest started during the recent Vancouver Olympics and when I discovered he has his own reality show on Sundance Channel, it became a full-fledged obsession. He is totally outrageous and funny.

9. Netflix. This is truly one of the greatest inventions ever! For a mere $9 a month, I can get any movie or TV show delivered to my door. And as soon as you send one back, they send you another one. No wonder Blockbuster stores are going out of business!

10. My pink Chi hair straightener. I love this thing! It works better than any straightener I've ever had, and the ceramic plate is better for your hair than metal. A bit pricey, but worth every penny.

2 comments:

  1. Jarhonda! You brought a little tear to my eye. God knows our office has seen enough of those, so I will have to leave for the rest of the day. You, my friend, have turned out to be a gem in this little hectic world and I love you to pieces for it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with 6,7, and 10. I'll have to check out #1!

    ReplyDelete