I did an update on this task in September, when I was halfway finished, and I'm happy to report that this task is now complete! The five books that I read were:
#4. The Liar's Club. It took me a while to get into this one, but it ended up being pretty good. It's a lot like The Glass Castle, but not as good.
#60. Nickel & Dimed. This was interesting, but I thought the author could have done a lot more with the concept. Just as it was starting to get good, she stopped the experiment and left you wanting more.
#74. Friday Night Lights. I can't even explain how much I loved this book. I can't believe that a book about high school football in Texas in 1988 could enthrall me like this, but it did. The writing is incredible and you get totally wrapped up in the stories of the players' lives. I can't recommend this one enough.
#80. Bright Lights, Big City. This one took me a while to get into, also. I'm not sorry that I read it, but it's not one that I would recommend either.
#88. High Fidelity. I really liked this one. The book isn't quite as funny as the movie, but the book is definitely better at getting across the point that is made by the main character's revelation at the end.
Date Completed: January 26, 2010
Tasks Completed: 19/101
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
they made a tv series out of the book Friday Night Lights.
ReplyDelete