Friday, September 11, 2009

Denver Food & Wine Classic

My friend Jennifer's husband is in the wine business and gets tickets to lots of cool wine-related events around town. Jennifer and I are fans of just about anything involving food and alcohol, so we are more than happy to take these tickets off his hands. Last night, it was the kick-off event of the 2009 Denver Food and Wine Classic. It was held on the quad of the Auraria Campus and featured several food and wine vendors. The evening ended with a screening of the documentary Pressure Cooker, which is about inner-city high school kids in Philadelphia who are competing for scholarships at cooking schools. It was excellent!! If you can find this little film in your area, I highly recommend it.

Me, Jennifer and some very strong blue drinks.

It was the perfect night for an outdoor movie.

Mmmmm.....champagne and dessert!

This is Mark, the owner of Denver Pizza Company. If you watched the last season of The Bachelorette (with Jillian), you may recognize him as Mark the Pizza Entrepreneur. Sorry the picture is so bad, I was trying to be sneaky.

2 comments:

  1. I do remember him! I watched the show :)I could go for some champagne and dessert! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pish-tosh, you, sneeky? lol

    So what's in the blue deliciousness?

    ReplyDelete