Thursday, September 2, 2010

#41 Go to Seven Falls

Seven Falls in Colorado Springs has been called the "grandest mile of scenery in Colorado" and somehow, I had never been there. So, a couple of weekends ago, Amanda and I took off on a day trip to the Springs. The waterfall is 181 feet, and has seven distinct sections, hence the name. (Clever, huh?) What I was not prepared for was the 224-step stairway, on the side of a cliff, that you had to climb to get to the top. I'm not usually afraid of heights, but this scared the living shit out of me. You can see the stairs on the left in this picture.

Please excuse the lack of make-up and the terrified look on my face in this picture. This was halfway up the stairs, around the time I said to Amanda, "I don't know how I'm going to get back down."

The view was beautiful, though.

When we got back down the stairs, I seriously wanted to pull a Pope and kiss the ground. You have no idea how badly my legs were shaking while this picture was being taken.

While we were in the Springs, we also did a tour of Cave of the Winds, which Amanda had never been to. I love this place, and I was surprised at how well the pictures turned out.



Thanks to Amanda for a fun day and for helping me knock another one off my list!

Date Completed: August 22, 2010
Tasks Completed: 30/101

No comments:

Post a Comment