Friday, September 24, 2010

#64 See a Red Sox Game at Fenway Park

Although the tour of Fenway was disappointing, going to a game there was anything but! I had a blast! Before the games, the street is closed off and it's a huge party outside the park.
And I'm there!


You know that little problem I had at Wrigley Field with people standing in the aisles during the game? Yeah, they don't put up with that in Boston. Someone will stand in the aisle while there's a batter at the plate for about 8 seconds before people start yelling at the person to sit their ass down. Bostonians...these are my peeps. I made friends with all of the people sitting next to/behind me, including these 4 punk kids. Andy, Alex, Pat and Jesslyn taught me more than I ever thought I would know about the punk scene in various cities. Andy also told me all about how to make DMT, but I don't think I'll ever need that information.  


The highlight of the game was probably the middle of the eighth inning when the entire crowd sang Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. I love that song because it reminds me of my childhood. My dad and I used to sing it all the time. I knew about the tradition of singing it at Fenway from watching the movie Fever Pitch (thank you, Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon) and was really looking forward to it. The crowd didn't disappoint me...it was so much fun! When the game was over, the Canadiens found me and we ran around the park taking pictures before security kicked us out.
Then I went out drinking with the Canadiens.
This was probably the most fun I've ever had at a baseball game. I wish I could go to Fenway every summer!

Date Completed: September 18, 2010
Tasks Completed: 32/101

No comments:

Post a Comment