I'm going to cheat a bit and break down the next recipe into two different ones because I loved this marinara sauce so much that I will make it on its own and use it for pasta.
1 1/2 cups diced onion
1 T olive oil
1 T minced garlic
2 T red wine
Pinch of fennel seeds
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1 t dried basil
1 t dried oregano
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes in juice
3/4 cup crushed tomatoes in puree
1/3 cup tomato paste
2 T brown sugar
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
Saute onions in olive oil until softened. Add garlic and saute one more minute. Add remaining ingredients in order and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Puree slightly, leaving some chunks. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
So simple, but so delicious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Interested in making (canning) sauce this summer? We could get a bushel of tomatoes....
ReplyDelete