Friday, April 30, 2010

#83 Learn to Bake Bread

I have never baked bread from scratch, and baking at altitude is a little tricky, so I decided to take a class for this one. I took the Artisan and Yeast Breads class at the Kitchen Table Cooking School.

We learned everything you need to know about making bread, from the mixing to the proofing to the actual baking. And, I got to bring a ton of stuff home! Just look at all of this!


We made a French baguette, rosemary and sea salt focaccia, cranberry & walnut challah, whole wheat pizza dough (made on a grill) and whole wheat dinner rolls. Everything was delicious! I took half of everything into the office the next day and my co-workers loved it all. Every crumb was gone by lunchtime.

Date Completed: 04/30/10
Tasks Completed: 20/101

4 comments:

  1. These were ri-damn-diculously good. Rhonda brought them to our office in a lovely white box and some of the attorneys thought somebody had stopped at the bakery. The focaccia? I am going to marry it, seriously. It was that good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda-you should be a chef....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! When are you coming over to teach me these?

    ReplyDelete