A couple of weeks ago, I came home from yoga and as I was walking up the sidewalk to my building, a cat suddenly appeared. It was as sweet as could be and started following me. If you know anything about me, you know that there was no way I would just leave an animal to wander around without a home, so I did what everyone does when they find a stray animal...I took it to Amanda's. She gave the cat a litter box, some food and a place to stay for the night.
The next day, we took it to the vets at PetsMart to have it scanned for a microchip. They didn't find anything and declared that it was a girl. I asked someone at my building leasing office if anyone had reported a missing cat and was told no, but a few people had reported a stray cat wandering around the complex. So, she became mine. I named her Sidney and bought her a pink collar and name tag. And yes, I did name her after Sidney Crosby.
Last Saturday, I took Sidney to the vet to determine whether she'd been spayed and if not, God forbid, if she was pregnant. The vet informed me that Sidney is actually a boy. A boy that I've forced to be a trannie for a week! He's probably going to need therapy because I dressed him in pink and called him "pretty girl" for over a week!
So, I bought a new collar and name tag and we've spent the last 10 days settling in and getting to know each other. He's only a year old and is the sweetest cat ever. He follows me everywhere and loves to snuggle. He's also very vocal about what he wants (just like a man). Basically, he just eats and sleeps, but every once in a while, he'll play with his toys. The piranha stuffed with catnip is his favorite.
I wasn't really looking to get a cat, but now that he's here, I just adore him!
Yeah! Congrats Rhonda! I love him and his name! I hope you enjoy your hours of snuggling with him!
ReplyDeleteIf only I had a picture of your face when I opened the door and you said, "I have a cat." Yeah, well I have six, what exactly are you trying to say? So for a night, I had seven fur kids. Sidney got my room and everyone else was locked out. He did not waste any time making himself at home on top of my dressser, lounging in Beasley's chair or trying to infiltrate Zoe's closet. He is handsome, friendly and quite possibly the softest cat I have ever touched. I am so glad he found you and you decided to keep him.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Stray animals are always welcome at my house, HOWEVER, whoever drops them off must help with finding them a home if they do not come back the next day to take them home with them. I'm just sayin'.......
Syd the Kid is too cute! Such teeny tiny paws. I had a Siamese that I thought was talkative but Sidney puts him to shame.
ReplyDeleteWhat's that Sid? Yes she knows you prefer the wet food.
Amanda - I would have loved to have seen her face.