Friday, August 21, 2009

School Supply Drive/Denver Zoo

Every summer, the Denver Bar Association sponsors a school supply drive to benefit underprivileged kids in the Denver Public Schools. For the last three years, I have served as the point person for the drive at our law firm. Thanks to the donations of my co-workers (including a VERY generous cash donation from the partners), I was able to get a ton of supplies this year.

The haul included 19 backpacks, which are the most needed items. Volunteers then pick up and sort the supplies, assemble a backpack for each kid (which contains everything they need to start the school year) and distribute the packs. This year, I volunteered to help hand out the backpacks to the kids. The distribution was done at the Denver Zoo, so when my shift was over, I got to hang out at the zoo for free. Here are some of my favorite pics:



Love the tongue!

So cute!

I LOVE Komodo Dragons

I'm not using the zoom with this picture. This polar bear was as close to the glass as could be and was loving the attention.

1 comment:

  1. Good job. Check this out:

    http://www.nptrust.org/philanthropy/philanthropy_stats.asp

    ReplyDelete